Sunday, April 12, 2020

Lockdown Day 18: Easter Sunday

Doesn't look much but this is hours of work!
12 April: That word again. House-painting. So much loose paint on this section I had to dig out the electric belt sander after using the scraper. I was determined to get the undercoat on before tonights predicted rain. I am working my way round the house in manageable chunks then will do the second coat in one hit for each side of the house. As rain is predicted for most of the next 10 days this is going to be a long job. In addition, the flowerbed around the house is going to need some serious additions/work once all this is finished!

I'm listening to Jane Eyre as I go, which I thought I had read but apparently I have not. The Jane Eyre audiobook was prompted by the NT Live showing of the same story which I started watching tonight. I think this is the first NT Live performance that I have not enjoyed. In fact I gave up on it half-way through. I can't really be sure why that was. It was a minimalist production, which I usually enjoy and the acting was fine. It just did not do it for me so I'll stick with the book.

Feeding out hay at the moment (as opposed to silage) and because of Eric's incapacity it's down to me. Climbing up a hay stack in the barn is a bigger challenge than usual and the wood splitter sitting in the path of where I would park the quad bike does to help. On one of these rainy days I may spend some in the barn rearranging things. The main problem is the rolls of wool carpet I retrieved to cover my (veg) beds with takes up so much room on the floor. Actually a rainy day is probably not a good idea as I'll need to put stuff out on the grass to make room to work.

This must be the first Easter in decades that I have not made a simnel cake. Well with us doing keto, no-one else at home and no visitors, there did not seem to be any point. Our one concession to Easter was a Cadbury's caramello egg each, and an extra evening GnT. Actually the chocolate was a disappointment. I would rather have had a piece of cheesecake I think, though not very Easter-y. We did have roast leg of lamb though which in hindsight was a lot of lamb to cook for just two people. Normally the girls would be here for Easter Sunday!


As of 9am today: New cases 18 (our lowest daily increase in ages but less testing). Recovered 471. Total 1,330. Deaths 4. Matamata cluster total 70 cases (first day with no increase).
Current testing: yesterday 2,421 (less because of Easter). Total tests: 61,167.

No comments:

Post a Comment