Thursday, April 16, 2020

Lockdown Day 22: Shopping hell

Thursday 16 April: The start of week four. Shopping this week had been put off. Partly because I did not need much, partly because Monday was Easter and Thursday Otto needed a blood test so kill two birds with one trip and shop today. Dropped Otto off and said I'd be about and hour and half. I wish! At the supermarket I grabbed a trolley and then saw a sign saying text 332 with Mata19 and return to the car. Did this and went to wait. And wait. Needed a wee and drove into town. Came back. Still no text. Checked sign and phone to see that I had sent the correct text. Should I go and ask? No, don't bother the poor staff. Just be patient. Well after an hour I thought it reasonable to go and ask. As I approached the entrance there was a white board with "Average wait 25 mins". Turns out I had texted 322!! Apparently, on the sign round the other side of the store it says that you get a confirmatory text, but not on the sign I read. And, lots of people were making the same mistake. So, my question was, why do they not put this information on both the signs. Anyway I was bumped to the front of the queue and got started. An hour and a half later I was going to rush to collect Otto when I realised that the back of the car was packed with Mom and Daddy's shopping so, I dropped their's off and finally went to pick Otto up.  I think Susan had been quite happy with his company!!  Since when did a supermarket shop take 3 and half hours! Finally got home to a very welcome cup of tea. Not minding lockdown but will be glad when the shopping returns to normal.




No comments:

Post a Comment