Friday, April 24, 2020

Lockdown Day 30:

Otto coming home from the vets
Friday 24 April: During lockdown we have been in no rush to get up in the morning. Eric starts work on emails etc and I blog, read and do Rotary work. We get up anything between 8and 9.30am. Susan the vet said she'd ring this morning to see how Otto is and she caught us out! We were still in bed so I had nothing to report! Shot out, well the way I walk that is a bit of exaggeration, to let them out their run. Otto was wobbly before I opened the door and ran on three legs dragging his right front one. Agreed he would go into the vets for another day on IV fluids which worked. We are assuming that, as with previous blood tests, his sodium is low causing these problems. Maintaining this level of vet
expenses is unsustainable and we have to change our approach or he is going to have to be put down. I am going to have another chat with the vet about increasing his dietary sodium, and by how much.

Still planting out cauliflower seedlings but spent most of the morning tidying up/organising garden stuff. I have been dumping stuff in the potting shed I want to store there but not actually planned where I want things.

I checked on Mom and Daddy's neighbour Audrey to see if she wanted shopping and she mentioned that she would love some broccoli and cauliflower plants but that she cannot get them, so I will do some for her and plant them in a few weeks in her veg garden.

Did the shopping, collected Otto then dropped Mom and Daddy's shopping off. I actually sat on the deck and had a cup of tea with them, them indoors and me outside. Very pleasant in the late afternoon sun. It was a gorgeous day and there were so many people out walking/cycling/chatting across gardens. There was actually a lovely feel about the place. So nice to see communities engaging.

Typical Cedar Lodge Friday night, Thai curry, GnT and TV. Started on second series of Liar. Knowing Deal, I still can't get my head around the scene locations!


As of  9am today: New cases 5. Recovered 1,095. Total 1,456. Deaths 17. Matamata cluster total 76 cases.
Tests: yesterday 6,961. Total tests 108,238.

No comments:

Post a Comment